Showtime is University of the Arts London’s online gallery for graduating students to showcase their work.
It offers graduates an opportunity to be seen by potential employers, industry-insiders, curators, gallerists and collectors.
Who can use it?
Showtime is open to all University of the Arts London’s graduating Students. At the moment it is only open to graduating students. We hope that in the future we will be able to offer it to all our students.
It is free to use and you can keep your profile for as long as you like.
How to use it
- Step 1: Create a profile
- All you need is your student ID number. This starts with the first three letters of your surname and can be found at the top of your student card.
- Once you have registered your details you will get an email confirmation with login information.
- You can then login.
- Step 2: Upload images and content
- Upload images of your work, there is no limit.
- You can upload an image of any size but it needs to be at least 1024 pixels wide or tall.
- Embed Vimeo and Youtube videos
- Embed PDF publications via ISSUU
- Write about yourself, your work, projects, interests, shows and exhibitions
- Link to your own websites, blogs, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn and other social media sites.
- You can log in to your account at any time to edit your details and the content and images on your profile.
- Step 3: Choose a profile layout
- Select from two design layout options for your profile page. You can preview the options on our Flickr page.
- Profile Layout 1: Slideshow displays the images one at a time with the option to view in a light box or at full screen.
- You can select your display box to have either a light or dark background to enhance your images.
- If your profile has only videos or publications with no images, the layout will switch to Profile Layout 2 automatically.
- This display would suit works that are not part of a series focusing the viewer on the single item.
- Profile Layout 2: Masonry displays all images, videos and publications on the page.
- This display would suit a collection of designs or artworks.
- Step 4: Select a main image
- Select a main image to represent your work
- The main image is displayed on the Showtime gallery alongside other main images
- Each image in the gallery represents a students’ profile. Visitors click on the main image to view your profile.
- Step 5: Promote yourself
- Create a screen name. Your screen name will be your unique web address, e.g. showtime.arts.ac.uk/screenname
- Use your Showtime web address to direct people to your profile. Give the address to people visiting your Degree show and to potential employers.
- Use your Showtime address on business cards, promotional material and your CV.
- Use social media networks to advertise your Showtime profile and direct people to view your work.
- The University actively promotes Showtime profiles on the University website and via University social media channels.